- An opportunity for attendees to meet and socialize with others who have similar experiences;
- An opportunity to gain useful insights from experts and other families about caring for themselves and their loved ones;
- Access to a range of complementary therapy services and information sessions;
- Access to an assortment of leisure and social activities;
- A well-deserved break from some of the demands of daily life;
- Social gatherings to foster friendship and a sense of community;
- The Family Retreats also offer opportunities for children living with a neuromuscular disorder to meet other children with similar experiences and develop new friendships.
Ontario Caregiver Retreat Postponed
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, Muscular Dystrophy Canada is taking responsible measures to protect the health of its clients, staff and supporters. Effective immediately, we will be postponing a number of upcoming events including, the Ontario Caregiver Retreat.
It is with great regret that we must cancel this retreat. However, the health and safety of our clients, staff and supporters comes first for Muscular Dystrophy Canada at all times.
Registered participants will be contacted to advise them of this change.
A new date has yet to be determined.